- Medium Size
- Primary color: Tortoiseshell
- Needs a Home Without Kids
- Current on Vaccinations
- House Trained
LINDA - ID#A043647
Hi, my name is LINDA. I am a spayed female, tortie Domestic Shorthair. Shelter staff think I am about 2.5 years old.
Are you looking to really make a difference in the life of an abandoned kitty, and maybe take on a challenge in the process? We currently have a sweet, but very shy kitty in foster care (due to the pandemic, all our shelter cats are in foster homes) who needs a loving, patient animal-lover to help her develop into the sweet kitty we know she could be.
Here's how Linda's foster dad describes her: To say Linda is shy is an understatement, she seems to be petrified of the world around her. She is super soft and has beautiful big eyes. You have to approach her in a a slow calm manner. She will let you pet her for as long as you want, but her entire body stiffens up. Linda is the kind of cat you want to spoil with love just to prove to her that people are good and will treat her well. At night when no one is around she likes to play with various cat toys and run around with lots of energy. She loves her canned food treats. She has no problems eating, drinking, or using the litter box.
Linda gets along with other kitties, and in fact, is in foster with another shelter cat. If you have a quiet home, a big heart, and patience, perhaps you could be that human that helps Linda learn how to give and receive love.
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We need to ensure that the cat you wish to adopt will be an indoor cat.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for cats is $100* for cats 4 months or older, and $150* for kittens under 4 months of age. The adoption fee covers the following: spay or neuter, microchip, current shots, flea treatment if required, New Owner folder packed with helpful information, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list. Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application.
*Prices may vary for highly adoptable animals.
Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672