- English Spot, Dwarf
- Medium Size
- Current on Vaccinations
- House Trained
MODENA (ID #A018914) is a female, white with black markings, dwarf English spot mix. She was about 1 year and 6 months old when she arrived at the shelter in January 2011. Modena is a wonderful rabbit. She has breakfast with her foster family each morning and she enjoys sprinting around the breakfast nook, jumping and jiggling to entertain them. She has been taught to come with hand signals, offering her treats or pets which she loves! Modena is very sweet and gentle and has become more affectionate each and every day with the more pets she gets. When watching TV or at the computer she will melt into your lap and stay as long as you are petting her...loving every minute of attention! She is a great house rabbit because she is not destructive and has really great litter box habits. Modena will be an awesome bunny for a loving forever indoor home. She is a little treasure! Modena is currently in a foster home due to space limitations at the shelter, so please contact us at email@example.com or call 949-595-8899 to arrange a meeting. STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and we do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting need to be met.
- The rabbit you wish to adopt must be an indoor pet.
- You must be able to verify with your landlord that you may have a pet if you are renting.
Please review this very informative rabbit intro video before you adopt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6DN7SF5Rs
Rabbits make excellent pets. They are intelligent, social animals capable of forming lifelong bonds with their human companions. Their playful antics will warm your heart for years to come. A well-cared-for house rabbit can enjoy a lifespan of seven to ten years or longer.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for rabbits is $45, which covers the following: spay/neuter, microchip, litter box training, copy of The House Rabbit Handbook, New Owner folder, bag of timothy hay and pellets, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list.
Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application. Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672
Come and talk with our volunteer rabbit experts on either Saturday or Sunday afternoon about the unique personalities of each of our wonderful rabbits. Also, if you are interested in finding a companion for an indoor rabbit you currently have, we can help with the bonding process. Contact us for details on this free service, or any questions you may have. We have many bonding success stories - yours may be one too!