- Tabby - black
- Medium Size
- Primary color: Tabby - Brown or Chocolate
- Secondary color: White
- Current on Vaccinations
- House Trained
KYLE - ID#A040693
Hi, my name is KYLE. I am a neutered male, white and black tabby Domestic Mediumhair. The shelter staff think I am about 8months old. What a great kitty! He’s shy at first, but once he gets used to his people and surroundings, he’s an attentive and affectionate cat. When Kyle came to our shelter, he was not well and had to be isolated. Maybe because he was being medicated daily for a few weeks and not getting socialized, he became fearful. When approached, he would hiss and swat at hands. He went into a foster home for a month to help him acclimate to being handled. Gentleness and patience helped to gain his trust, and then he became a new kitty. He still jumps at noises and retreats when something is new and scares him. Rambunctious children might not be to his liking. But when sitting with his foster mom, he becomes affectionate and oh-so-very cute. He gets along with other cats and is very playful. He loves treats, and his new owner will need to watch his weight. He gained quite a bit of weight in foster care. Measured meals would be better for him to maintain a healthy weight. He’s an absolute love!
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We need to ensure that the cat you wish to adopt will be an indoor cat.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for cats is $100 for cats 4 months or older, and $150 for kittens under 4 months of age. The adoption fee covers the following: spay or neuter, microchip, current shots, flea treatment if required, New Owner folder packed with helpful information, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list. Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application. Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672