- Medium Size
- Current on Vaccinations
- House Trained
RUDY - ID#A037485
Hi, my name is RUDY. I am a spayed female, black and white Domestic Mediumhair. The shelter staff think I am about 5 months old. When you meet me, you will wonder what is wrong with me. My ears flatten and my eyes get very big. It is that I am shy. Very shy. I was fostered for almost two months by somebody who truly wanted me to not be afraid. It took a while, but I did start to try to trust people. I enjoyed being pet and would relax a little when being held. I liked to play, but only by myself. My foster mom would watch me through a surveillance camera she set up. So then she knew what toys I liked, and she would come in and try to get me to play with her. After a while, I started to play a little. The Cat Dancer was my favorite toy. My foster mom said I had an adorable way of tilting my head to the side when I was starting to have fun. But then I had to come back to the shelter so I could find my very own home with my very own people. And I am scared again. I will try very hard once I am adopted to trust, but you will need to be very patient with me. Could we do that? I am willing to try very hard if you are! (PS: I am a girl kitty. I just have a boy’s name.)
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We need to ensure that the cat you wish to adopt will be an indoor cat.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for cats is $100 for cats 4 months or older, and $150 for kittens under 4 months of age. The adoption fee covers the following: spay or neuter, microchip, current shots, flea treatment if required, New Owner folder packed with helpful information, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list. Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application. Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672