- Bunny Rabbit
- Medium Size
- Primary color: White
- Secondary color: Blue or Gray
- Has Special Needs
- Needs a Home Without Cats
- Needs a Home Without Dogs
- House Trained
JOLLY (ID A039238) is an older gray-and-white spayed female rabbit. She was around 8 years old when came to the shelter in December 2017. We're guessing her age is around 8 because she has cataracts in both eyes and slight arthritis in her back legs. She was found dumped on a street, covered in fleas and starving. She's cleaned up nicely and is looking healthier every day!
Jolly is a wonderfully sweet bunny, although she's a bit of a drama queen. She likes to whine if someone is doing she doesn't particularly like. She's fairly easy to handle, loves being showered with pets, and can think of no better way to spend a day than lying in a sunny spot to catch some rays!
Because of her blindness, Jolly will need to be in an injury-proof environment. She has spectacular litter box habits once she knows where the litter box is. She's looking for a forever home where she'll be spoiled until the end of her days. Are you willing to grant her wish?
Jolly's currently in a foster home due to her special needs. If you're interested in meeting her, please contact us at email@example.com or call 949-595-8899.
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
- The rabbit you wish to adopt will be an indoor pet.
- You must be able to verify with your landlord that you may have a pet if you are renting.
Please review this very informative rabbit intro video before you adopt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6DN7SF5Rs
Rabbits make excellent pets. They are intelligent, social animals capable of forming lifelong bonds with their human companions. Their playful antics will warm your heart for years to come. A well-cared-for house rabbit can enjoy a lifespan of seven to ten years or longer.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for rabbits is $45, which covers the following: spay/neuter, microchip, litter box training, copy of The House Rabbit Handbook, New Owner folder, bag of timothy hay and pellets, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list.
Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application. Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672