- Dwarf, Dutch
- Medium Size
- Primary color: Blue or Gray
- Secondary color: White
- House Trained
PEPPER (A043732) is a neutered male gray dwarf rabbit with a touch of Dutch in his background. He was about 11 months old when he arrived at the shelter in January 2020. Pepper was one of several rabbits transferred from the OC Animal Care center. He has a cute smooshy face and little white socks on his front paws. He's a bit shy and nervous, but he doesn't mind being held and petted once you can catch him. He still isn't sure if he can trust people. He's a mellow guy and loves to lounge in his litter box and look adorable. Pepper is working on his litter box habits - coming from an open area with lots of bunnies, he didn't learn to use one before he came to the shelter. We're still trying to teach him that his litter box isn't a bed! Pepper will make a nice addition to an indoor home once he gets over his fear of humans and figures out the litter box thing.
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
- The rabbit you wish to adopt will be an indoor pet.
- You must be able to verify with your landlord that you may have a pet if you are renting.
Please review this very informative rabbit intro video before you adopt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6DN7SF5Rs
Rabbits make excellent pets. They are intelligent, social animals capable of forming lifelong bonds with their human companions. Their playful antics will warm your heart for years to come. A well-cared-for house rabbit can enjoy a lifespan of seven to ten years or longer.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for rabbits is $45, which covers the following: spay/neuter, microchip, litter box training, copy of The House Rabbit Handbook, New Owner folder, bag of timothy hay and pellets, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list.
Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application. Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672