- Medium Size
- Primary color: Seal Point
- Needs a Home Without Cats
- Needs a Home Without Dogs
- Needs a Home Without Kids
- Current on Vaccinations
- House Trained
COLETTE - ID#A043494
Hi, my name is COLETTE. I am a female, seal point Siamese. The shelter staff think I am about 7 years old.
I came to the shelter after my elderly owner could no longer keep me. It's been a bit of an adjustment being first at the Shelter then moved into a foster home during the pandemic. During the time in my foster home, I have grown quite attached to my foster dad. I love to lie on his lap and purr while he pets me for long periods of time. But being the very strong-willed Siamese that I am, I can have a quick change of moods and will occasionally surprise him with a swat or may even put my teeth on him (never breaking skin). I usually give ample warning by means of a certain "look" or via my ever-expressive tail. Other than my dad's lap, my favorite things are tear-rorizing my scratching pad and scratching post or sleeping under a blanket on the sofa or in the bedroom. I just LOVE a dark place to sleep. And it took me quite a while, but I was finally able to train my foster parents in how to play just the right games. Being a mature cat, the games don't last long and don't involve a lot of running, but I like to grab toys soaring above my head. I would love to find a permanent place to call home with just the right person.
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We need to ensure that the cat you wish to adopt will be an indoor cat.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for cats is $100* for cats 4 months or older, and $150* for kittens under 4 months of age. The adoption fee covers the following: spay or neuter, microchip, current shots, flea treatment if required, New Owner folder packed with helpful information, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list. Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application.
*Prices may vary for highly adoptable animals.
Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672