- Medium Size
- Primary color: Tortoiseshell
- Current on Vaccinations
- House Trained
FIONA - ID#A042724
Hi, my name is FIONA. I am a female, tortie Domestic Shorthair. The shelter staff think I am about 8 months old.
Fiona and her sisters, Maple and Coconut, were rescued from the streets. Fiona was in a couple of different foster homes, and in both places she entertained the people with her great playful spirit. Her climbing abilities were unparalleled. If you can’t find Fiona, look up! Although she is shy, she does enjoy petting and will press her head into your hand for optimum pleasure. Yours or hers? Please complete this “rags to riches” story for giving this beauty a home.
Fiona is in foster during the pandemic and here is a note from her foster mom: Fiona is a playful but independent, shy girl. She isn't fond of being picked up but instead likes to follow you around the house. Every time you turn around she will be there watching you in her goofy way and in a new spot! She loves to just lay down in the middle of the walk way so you know she is there. Toys are her all time favorite thing in the world. She will turn anything into a toy. Her favorite are small bouncy balls or balls with bells inside. She loves chasing toys.
Likes: heights, toys she can chase, treats, wet food, independence, other cats.
Dislikes: dogs (curious about them but not enough yet to like them), bring picked up/pet.
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We need to ensure that the cat you wish to adopt will be an indoor cat.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for cats is $100* for cats 4 months or older, and $150* for kittens under 4 months of age. The adoption fee covers the following: spay or neuter, microchip, current shots, flea treatment if required, New Owner folder packed with helpful information, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list. Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application.
*Prices may vary for highly adoptable animals.
Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672