- Tabby - Grey
- Medium Size
- Primary color: Tabby - Gray, Blue or Silver
- Secondary color: White
- Current on Vaccinations
- House Trained
CURLY - ID#A025143
Hi, my name is CURLY. I am a spayed female, white and gray tabby Domestic Shorthair. The shelter staff think I am about 5 years old. You can see by my tail that the name Curly fits me quite well. I have been at the shelter a long time, waiting for someone to adopt me. I am probably not the type of kitty you would fall for right away. It would take a while to get to know me and my quirky personality. The volunteers at the shelter have known me a while, and they ”get” me. They like me! I am a confident kitty, not a hide-under-the-bed type. Sometimes I like being petted, and other times I do not. I am sure there are things you do not want all the time! So I am no different from you! And I have discovered something recently about myself, with the help of the volunteers. I like Mozart! He is a cool dude. And I like catnip! Wowza! Come visit me, but understand that you might not “get” me right away. We can take our time to get to know each other. Play some Mozart and give me some catnip, and we will get along just fine! (Oh, but I want to be your only kitty!) I have been at the shelter since Nov 25, 2017.
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We need to ensure that the cat you wish to adopt will be an indoor cat.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for cats is $100 for cats 4 months or older, and $150 for kittens under 4 months of age. The adoption fee covers the following: spay or neuter, microchip, current shots, flea treatment if required, New Owner folder packed with helpful information, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list. Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or for the status of your application. Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as the rescue partner with the Shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672