- Chow Chow
- Medium Size
- Primary color: White or Cream
- Current on Vaccinations
MADONNA - ID#A044283
Hi! My name is MADONNA. I am a spayed female, white Chow Chow mix. The shelter staff think I am about 4 years old. I have been at the shelter since Jun 04, 2020.
We are pleased to introduce you to Madonna, our 7 year old Chow Mix. Madonna is a special girl with a very loving personality. She loves walks, spending time with her favorite people and playing in the yard.
She has quickly become a staff and volunteer favorite, stealing everyone’s hearts with her amazing smile! Madonna will do best as the only pet at home with a family that can provide her with daily exercise.
After rescuing her from a high population Shelter we had her seen by our vet for a regular health check-up and it was found that Madonna was living with diabetes. We quickly started medical treatment to get her condition under control.
She will need a family that is willing to give her medication twice per day and keep her on a controlled diet. Her new family can rest easy knowing we can provide a medical stipend to assist with covering costs related to her condition; please inquire for more details!
Although she requires special care it doesn’t diminish her zest for life, her loving disposition or the joy she will bring to your home!
I LOVE TO: Go for long walks.
I HAVE: A great smile and a loving personality.
I GET ALONG WELL WITH: Adults and calm children of all ages.
I WOULD RATHER NOT: Be left alone for long periods of time.
I NEED: A loving family!
I AM: Happy, friendly and sweet!
STARTING THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
Please review our adoption criteria before submitting your application!
Welcome to the San Clemente-Dana Point Animal Shelter
- An application must be submitted prior to an interaction with one of our animals. This offers us the opportunity to start you in the right direction in looking for a new pet.
- We may take multiple applications on the animals, and do not disclose the number of applications currently on file
- Our adoption process is not first-come, first-served. The supervisory staff reviews all applications and makes a decision that they feel is the best placement for both the animal's and the applicant's needs.
- The timeline for the applications process on each animal can be different. We do our best to accommodate each applicant's requirement for applications, however, an adoption approval may be made as soon as we have an applicant that meets the animal's adoption criteria and completes all required interactions.
- All household members must interact with the animal. We do this to ensure that all family members, and the animal you're interested in, are a match.
- All dogs in the household will need to come in to interact as well. If the dog will be frequently interacting with other dogs, such as those owned by family members, friends, etc., we recommend they come in as well to interact to ensure a successful adoption.
- You need to be 18 years or older to complete an application.
- We reserve the right to deny the adoption of any pet for any reason.
- Also any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting needs to be met.
Applications are only accepted by FAX (949-366-4765), mail or in person. Sorry, no applications through the Internet. The adoption fee for dogs is $125* and $150* for puppies (under four months of age), which covers the following: spay or neuter, microchip, current shots, flea treatment if required, New Owner folder packed with helpful information, and one free basic health examination within 5 days of adoption from a veterinarian on our list. * Prices will vary for highly adoptable animals.
Please call 949-492-1617 to check if your desired pet is still available or the status of your application.
Shelter Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Sunday: Noon - 3:00 PM. We are CLOSED Mondays. We are very proud of our shelter, it is clean, welcoming, freeway close, and was voted Best Place to Adopt by the Orange Coast Magazine! PET PROJECT FOUNDATION a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) and serves as rescue partner with the shelter.
221 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672