Become a Front Desk Volunteer
- Greet visitors to the shelter and provide information about our facility and answer questions in a friendly, professional manner.
- Handle incoming calls to the shelter and provide answers or direct callers to appropriate staff person.
- Issue dog licenses to those members of the public who renew at the shelter.
- Assist adopters with questions or issues that arise about adoption applications; complete all adoption paperwork and ensure adopters receive appropriate documents.
- Collect payments and issue receipts for license and adoption transactions.
- Complete incident reports as needed based upon information from general public.
Special Capabilities and Requirements
- Must be able to provide friendly, knowledgeable customer service and to answer questions in a professional manner, deferring to staff if guidance if needed.
- Must be able to learn and retain various shelter policies and procedures and follow direction of staff.
- Attend General Orientation Session.
- Attend training session(s) with experienced front desk volunteer.
Please bring your completed volunteer application to the animal shelter and turn it in to front desk personnel or email it to email@example.com.