Become a Volunteer for Our Rabbits
- Set up hopping areas and pens to provide exercise and socialization for rabbits.
- Using safe rabbit handling techniques and designated training protocols, transport rabbits to hopping areas and pens.
- Interact with potential adopters to screen for suitability and to identify those rabbits that provide the best match for that adopter and their home.
- Monitor interactions between potential adopters and rabbits.
- Greet visitors to rabbit area and provide information about our facility and adoptable rabbits in a friendly, professional manner.
- Maintain clean rabbit cages during shift.
- Monitor rabbit health and behavior and report any issues or changes to staff.
- Provide fresh water as needed.
Special Capabilities and Requirements
- Must be able to learn and use safe rabbit handling techniques and practices when interacting with the animals.
- Must be able to learn and retain various protocols and follow direction of staff.
- Must be able to provide friendly, knowledgeable customer service and to answer questions in a professional manner, deferring to staff if guidance if needed.
- Must be able to pick up and carry rabbits to and from hopping area.
- Attend General Orientation Session.
- Attend training session with experienced rabbit volunteer.
Please bring your completed volunteer application to the animal shelter and turn it in to front desk personnel or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.